Rules and FAQ
more info at: pittrace.com
Are campfires permitted? Open campfires are not permitted. Grills and contained, elevated fire pits are permitted at least 50 ft away from the fuel farm.
Are there ATMs available? There are no ATM machines on site at Pitt Race. ATMs are accessible at Al’s Corner Market. We do accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards on site.
Who should I contact if I encounter a problem? During events, Pitt Race personnel will be available at the Pitt Stop Pro Shop or in an official Pitt Race vehicle in the paddocks.
Do you supply any gear for drivers? Karting? Pitt Race has a limited supply of helmets for rent at the Pitt Stop Pro Shop. There is not a fleet of race cars to rent. For kart rentals, they provide racers with a helmet, neck brace, jacket, and gloves. We recommend that you wear long sleeves and long pants. Closed-toe shoes are required but not provided.
Are there bleachers available? Pitt Race has a limited amount of bleachers on Spectator Hill and by Karting. We encourage our guests to bring blankets and canopies to set up to view events. All tents must be appropriately staked down and not in the line of sight of other spectators.
How much does it cost to kart? Kart pricing – $42 for a single session $72 for a two (2) pack of sessions $93 for a three (3) pack of sessions
Rules which are updated or added for 2023 are highlighted.
1. Waiver must be signed for each individual entering the track premises.
2. Appropriate wristbands must be worn at all times while on track premises.
3. No illegal Firearms, Fireworks or Weapons of any kind will be tolerated.
4. No Drone usage.
5. Use wood or other suitable materials on pavement to avoid damages for trailer tongues, jacks, jack stands, etc.
6. Report all fluid spills on paved surfaces so that absorbent materials can be applied.
7. Dispose of motor oils, brake fluids and antifreeze only in marked containers.
8. All tires, scrap metal (including broken canopies) and any other vehicle parts must be taken with you and not disposed of at the track.
9. No loud noise or music...Please be considerate of others.
10. Speed limit is 10 MPH for all vehicles in the paddock areas.
11. Quiet hours are from 8:00pm until 8:00am.
12. Please place all trash in trash cans.
13. All pets must be leashed and picked up after.
14. No open campfires.
15. No alcohol during hours of operations. No illegal drugs.
16. Helmets must be worn for any on-track activity in excess of 45 MPH - No Exceptions.
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO ALL OF THESE RULES IS GROUNDS FOR REMOVAL FROM THE FACILITY.
Unless otherwise specified, the 2023 FSAE Rules will be referenced and Enforced on site.
Fuel and Food
Food & Beverage Concessions are available at Pitt Race during the race season, April – October, on weekends, and for most scheduled events. Otherwise, the closest spot for food is 0.7 miles away at Al’s Corner Market. 351 PA-18, Koppel, PA 16136. There is also a Subway across the street from Al’s, and Sheetz in Ellwood City for fast, hot food.
Students are encouraged to bring grills and other appliances for cooking provided they meet the facility rules above.
Fueling Stations Pitt Race features quality Sunoco Race Fuels in the following blends: 100 octane unleaded, 110 octane leaded, 90 octane ethanol-free unleaded, 93 octane unleaded. A level 2 J-1772 charger is available at the Fuel Farm for $12/hr charging.
No E85 is available on site. The closest place to purchase E85 is at Sheetz - 14 5th St, Ellwood City, PA 16117