Rules and FAQ
more info at: pittrace.com
Are campfires permitted? Open campfires are not permitted. Grills and contained, elevated fire pits are permitted at least 50 ft away from the fuel farm.
Are there ATMs available? There are no ATM machines on site at Pitt Race. ATMs are accessible at Al’s Corner Market. We do accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards on site.
Who should I contact if I encounter a problem? During events, Pitt Race personnel will be available at the Pitt Stop Pro Shop or in an official Pitt Race vehicle in the paddocks.
Do you supply any gear for drivers? Karting? Pitt Race has a limited supply of helmets for rent at the Pitt Stop Pro Shop. There is not a fleet of race cars to rent. For kart rentals, they provide racers with a helmet, neck brace, jacket, and gloves. We recommend that you wear long sleeves and long pants. Closed-toe shoes are required but not provided.
Are there bleachers available? Pitt Race has a limited amount of bleachers on Spectator Hill and by Karting. We encourage our guests to bring blankets and canopies to set up to view events. All tents must be appropriately staked down and not in the line of sight of other spectators.
How much does it cost to kart? Kart pricing – $22.50 for a single session $42.75 for a two (2) pack of sessions $60.75 for a three (3) pack of sessions
1. Waiver must be signed for each individual entering the track premises.
2. Appropriate wristbands must be worn at all times while on track premises.
3. No illegal Firearms, Fireworks or Weapons of any kind will be tolerated.
4. No Drone usage.
5. Use wood or other suitable materials on pavement to avoid damages for trailer tongues, jacks, jack stands, etc.
6. Report all fluid spills on paved surfaces so that absorbent materials can be applied.
7. Dispose of motor oils, brake fluids and antifreeze only in marked containers.
8. All tires, scrap metal (including broken canopies) and any other vehicle parts must be taken with you and not disposed of at the track.
9. No loud noise or music...Please be considerate of others.
10. Speed limit is 10 MPH for all vehicles in the paddock areas.
11. Quiet hours are from 8:00pm until 8:00am.
12. Please place all trash in trash cans.
13. All pets must be leashed and picked up after.
14. No open campfires.
15. No alcohol during hours of operations. No illegal drugs.
16. If you are camping you must hang your camping pass from your rear view mirror.
17. Helmets must be worn for any on-track activity in excess of 45 MPH - No Exceptions.
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO ALL OF THESE RULES IS GROUNDS FOR REMOVAL FROM THE FACILITY.
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED, ALL 2020 FORMULA SAE RULES AND REGULATIONS APPLY ON SITE.
1. Sportsmanship is cool. It’s just an autocross. Be cool.
2. Technical Inspection
a. Technical Inspection will be conducted by volunteers from the University of Pittsburgh.
b. All 4 tech stickers from a Formula SAE competition will expedite the tech process; our goals are to maintain safety and allow every team to drive.
3. A copy of the 2020 Tech sheet is included in the handbook. Items highlighted green shall be checked. Items highlighted yellow may be checked at the discretion of the tech volunteer. Items highlighted red will not be checked unless there is an apparent problem.
a. We will ask teams to help with track maintenance, timing, flagging, etc. Please speak with Emily if you’d like to volunteer with something specific.
5. Driver rules
a. There is no limit on drivers or number of runs.
b. All drivers must pass an egress – you are not required to wear drivers gear during the egress.
c. All drivers must be wearing a gold wristband at all times.
d. All drivers must pass IN.5.1 – Helmet Clearance.
e. All drivers must wear:
i. Helmet – closed face
iii. Suit – SFI 5
iv. Fire resistant gloves and shoes
a. Teams are responsible for their own fuel/charging. There is a 91/93/100/110 (paid) pump on site. You must bring your own E85.
b. There are 120 and 240V outlets at the North Track for EV charging.
Fuel and Food
Each year we try to find food trucks to attend the shootout. We try to find trucks at fair prices and have a variety of foods, including vegetarian options. Food trucks will be posted here when they are confirmed.
Food & Beverage Concessions are available at Pitt Race during the race season, April – October, on weekends, and for most scheduled events. Otherwise, the closest spot for food is 0.7 miles away at Al’s Corner Market. 351 PA-18, Koppel, PA 16136. There is also a Subway across the street from Al’s.
Fueling Stations Pitt Race features quality Sunoco Race Fuels in the following blends: 100 octane unleaded, 110 octane leaded, 90 octane ethanol-free unleaded, 93 octane unleaded.
No E85 is available on site. The closest place to purchase E85 (about 20 miles away) is 601 North Main Street Columbiana, OH. Pitt FSAE sincerely recommends that you bring enough E85 for the day.